Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neuroplasticity

Neuroplasticity

This is GOOD news for older withdrawlers like me, and for everybody out there: recent research has shown the remarkable capacity of the brain to renew and rewire trhough all its life.

The capacity of the brain to change for good and better NEVER stops.

So, I´m convinced that healing is just a matter of TIME, COMMITMENT and COURAGE.

I absolutely believe this, as an oldtimer I am now almost 5.5 years in withdrawal and still feel things re-arrange in my nervous system. It even makes sounds!
    I do feel some anxiety these days but this can still be an artifact of WD. Indeed, time and commitment are the answers here.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Yes! And more good news keeps appearing about neuroplasticity, so keep reading about it!

Your brain changes based on what you do with it. So study, immerse yourself in your passions, in uplifting things, exercise....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Claudius -- it's so cool that you are so in touch with the movement in your own nervous system!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I do feel some anxiety these days but this can still be an artifact of WD. Indeed, time and commitment are the answers here.
    how to not be anxious since the time!...
    Claudius, you have done many progress when i remember the state you were some years ago, desperate;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    claudius -- it's so cool that you are so in touch with the movement in your own nervous system!
    read poetry outloud!!

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    yes! And more good news keeps appearing about neuroplasticity, so keep reading about it!

Your brain changes based on what you do with it. So study, immerse yourself in your passions, in uplifting things, exercise....
    read poetry outloud.

<- me studying
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Good stuff, Alex and Junior! Alex -- that's great neuro-rehabilitation for your singing voice! Junior -- We love our studying!

-- Holger Kalweit

I will be a student - formally or informally - until the day I die. I swear. I just love learning ....

Hmm is it possible this is an addiction?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous