Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Descent Experience -- Dark Night of the Soul, The Hero’s Journey, The Red Book

Spiritual Bypass

This is a very good essay by Robert Augustus Masters on “spiritual bypass” and it has implications for how the descent experience can be deeply evolutionary --

http://nhne-pulse.org/spiritual-bypassing/

Excerpts –

“True spirituality is not a high, not a rush, not an altered state. It has been fine to romance it for a while, but our times call for something far more real, grounded, and responsible; something radically alive and naturally integral; something that shakes us to our very core until we stop treating spiritual deepening as something to dabble in here and there. Authentic spirituality is not some little flicker or buzz of knowingness, not a psychedelic blast-through or a mellow hanging-out on some exalted plane of consciousness, not a bubble of immunity, but a vast fire of liberation, an exquisitely fitting crucible and sanctuary, providing both heat and light for the healing and awakening we need.”

“Spiritual bypassing is largely occupied, at least in its New Age forms, by the idea of wholeness and the innate unity of Being — “Oneness” being perhaps its favorite bumper sticker — but actually generates and reinforces fragmentation by separating out from and rejecting what is painful, distressed, and unhealed; all the far-from-flattering aspects of being human. By consistently keeping these in the dark, “down below” (when we’re locked into our headquarters, our body and feelings seem to be below us), they tend to behave badly when let out, much like animals that have spent too long in cages. Our neglect of these aspects of ourselves, however gently framed, is akin to that of otherwise caring parents who leave their children without sufficient food, clothing, or care.”

“I have worked with many clients who described themselves as being on a spiritual path, particularly as meditators. Most were preoccupied, at least initially, with being nice, trying to be positive and nonjudgmental, while impaling themselves on various spiritual “shoulds,” such as “I should not show anger” or “I should be more loving” or “I should be more open after all the time I’ve put into my spiritual practice.” Fleeing their darker (or “less spiritual”) emotions, impulses, and intentions, they had, to varying degrees, trapped themselves within the very practices and beliefs that they had hoped might liberate them, or at least make them feel better.”
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, lets here it for our shadow. We can only become whole and truly human through this integration of all our different parts which very much includes our shadow. It seems life would be pretty boring if we had no variations of our personality and we were only nice all the time.

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

I am for it... I think everyone experience this. But drug induced withdrawal or serious illness like Lyme,
    or both together (like in my case) is one of the worst.

Yes, Mixter, you are definitely going through a descent experience, and doing brave work on yourself, and evolving deeply. You should be very proud of yourself.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you. I feel very good today, very close to normal and feeling eating desire. Managed to catch good sleep.

I have upped again the salt intake to 1 teaspoon 3x daily (along with c-vitamin) Been herxing but have a window now.

Being with friends and push thru the thick of it is the best remedy.

It gives me so much hope!

Interesting, I have noticed the kundalini really gives me lot of power.
    When I push on the lights, it is so healing. It is the power of the universe.

As well, when I do this a bit, I do herx (from what I see in my mind, the Lyme spirochete critters doesn't like it,
    they shake and contract violently, sometimes explode surrounding in the white light streaks. Very cool effect)

But I also see Babesia and Bartonella figures in my mind. I see the energies (the forms) as well other parasites.
    I think they are harder to kill completely than Lyme.
    But Salt / C does a really good job in the long term.

Also I think Effexor is doing a lot of bad stuff to my stomach, because it requires to absorb properly.
    And the pelles doesn't do this in a regular manner, because of undigested fats, hidding inside, depending on motility etc.
    So I feel ups and downs. It is not good stuff. It can confuse, but I feel it has still a good effect.

It says kundalini can work through the DNA and heal. I think it is very interesting.
    Also the microtubule regeneration stuff I was seeing in my mind. Do you have some new insights on it?

Why I have kundalini?. I know why now. It HAS stepped up to protect me from the Lyme and other things,
    even if I didn't understand it or how to use or invoke the healing kundalini energies.

I am 30 now, but it happened when I got Lyme at 6 yrs old.

I think it is the divine power we all have and can be evoked when we go thru very hard stuff, illnesses etc.

The mental docs would label this a psychosis. But it is very natural.
    More natural stuff come on! I think the world needs...

Seven deadly sins... It is the antagonist to our existence.
    We see stuff happen in the world. Banking scandals, bonuses, trying to control and hold power, violence, uprisings, people want to be free!

I think the same things will happen with psychiatry very soon. I promise. And it has already begun.
    Soon it will be a huge waterfall... Internet is one of the big driving forces behind it, but MOST is the humanity that understands...

Quote Originally Posted by Mixter View Post
    Why I have kundalini?. I know why now. It HAS stepped up to protect me from the Lyme and other things, even if I didn't understand it or how to use or invoke the healing kundalini energies....

I think it is the divine power we all have and can be evoked when we go thru very hard stuff, illnesses etc....

We see stuff happen in the world. Banking scandals, bonuses, trying to control and hold power, violence, uprisings, people want to be free!

I think the same things will happen with psychiatry very soon. I promise. And it has already begun.
    Soon it will be a huge waterfall... Internet is one of the big driving forces behind it, but MOST is the humanity that understands...
    Yes, this is how I see it, too -- both at the personal level and at the societal level.

Kundalini is a universal *potential* in all of us, but it doesn't always get activated. But, if it does get activated, it causes deep cleansing and evolution.

And I think we have a lot of people going through big personal awakenings right now, and a new historic, critical mass is being reached all over the world. And the old, abusive, power-hungry ways cannot last. And, OMG, the Internet is an amazing help.

Re: the microtubule regeneration -- it sounds like you have more insight than I! Can you say more about what you think you're seeing?

-- Holger Kalweit

FYI... JFK kennedy president got assassinated 7 days or so after he said openly to the public:

"I want to uncover the plot behind, to get us all in the world enslaved by big powers" - or something.

Yes I don't know much more anything about the microtubule regeneration but I feel indeed it is very good things for me!

That's very interesting about JFK, Mix. I didn't know that. In the U.S. papers a couple of years ago, there was a lead article saying that there was new evidence that LBJ had conspired to assassinate JFK. Then, I never saw that report followed up on ever again. It just disappeared, as if it had never happened. Very disturbing.

-- Holger Kalweit