Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Visiible Improvement at 7 Month mark

Caramba! Parox spoke! :) Thanks for the information about the chakras! I like your avatar.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

[QUOTE=alex;14142]I am noticing a notorious improvement in anxiety and anhedonia these days.

Even at some point in the day I can even be "cheerful" whistling some song...is this possible?

My voice is coming back; much more control of emotions.

Alex--on the subject of music--do you listen to music these days?--what kind do you listen to?
    I don't know the reasons, but I stopped listening to music for some years.( I suspect that the flattening of emotion caused by ADs is a cause because music is so tied to emotion for me). Before, I had been a music fanatic, and played piano before.

I find now that music is so helpful. Yesterday, I was whistling Bobby Darin's Up a Lazy River all day and it gave a little bounce in my step, (I'm a terrible whistler)
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Seriously, singing is great for health. The saying "music soothes the savage beast." It's true.

We should force us to sing every day. Enormously elevate our mood. It is food for the soul.

Music / Song provided vital energy boost. If we have more vital energy enjoy more music / song (a good vicious circle)

On the other hand, we know that when we have a low energy level, singing is a great effort to speak is difficult. We've all seen people with a person with a serious illness, you can not talk, why not talk? is because you do not have enough energy vital, instead communicating by gestures is less tiring.

Oh, Sheila, the avatar is a picture painted by my lovely daughter (6years).

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, I know my English is very bad, lol

A big hug to all

NOTE: in PP my avatar is carbayona
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Hi Parox! Please do not apologize for your English -- you are easy to understand!

Do you sing regularly? It is truly a great, great therapy if you can tolerate it in w/d.

Hugs to you and your talented daughter!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hello, I´m having a dificult day, feeling scared and hopeless; I´ve been able to cope with my destroyed sleep, but last night I had really bad problems.

I feel that my chemical caos is very very bad.

Even though as I said, during the day, I am much more in control, but the lack of sleep, something so precious in life, is just too much for me.

I am sad,very sad.

No, I don´t listen to music anymore...very little. I´m sorry I´m feeling bad today. Terrible sense of loss.

I can see improvement during the day, but the terrible insomnia is a powerful set.back.

I am 7 months Effexor free (Early withdrawal?)

I also have been doing too much "Googling" and reading about the "permanent" issues of SSRI´s withdrawal.

I´m almost 60, I can´t live like this for years....I think a LOT about death. I´m sorry.My life has been very complicated, and now this.

Hola Parox, yo tengo una estrecha relación con tu patria España.

No, I do not sing. "I do not practice what I preach", lol., But I try.
    A few weeks ago, I was with a group of yoga and sing songs, I was surprised because it almost did not emit sounds, my voice was weak and dull, without force. For many years I did not sing, I was not aware I had lost my voice (as I said before, my energy). As I was singing ever sang better and had more energy to sing. Many years ago I sang in a choir and enjoyed myself very much.

Furthermore, Spain is another popular proverb: "He who sings scares his evil" Which means something like: "one who sings scares away evil"

I promise to sing while doing housework (cleaning toilets, making beds ...), was what our grandmothers to relax and forget about problems.
    I have bad WD symptoms, try trick my brain with positive attitude, but here we all know that is not enough, because the symptoms are not under our conscious control.

A hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I also have been doing too much "Googling" and reading about the "permanent" issues of SSRI´s withdrawal.
    Alex, I know how it is sometimes difficult to stop reading this stuff, but it really does not help your psyche. Focus on positive stories, success stories - this way you will strengthen your emotional side, and this, in turn, will translate well into the physical dimension. You will be improving.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Cool

Hi Alex:

Today, I have a bad day too, so I can not comfort you ...
    I have read that many people suffer from a bad wave between 7-9 months. convince myself that it is so ....

Living the present (here and now) with its good and not so good. Life is a journey with obstacles and potholes, and WD, just an obstacle that we must overcome.

As for the "permanent". We must eliminate that word from the dictionary.
    I feel admiration for all religions (great truths). Buddhism speaks of the "permanence and impermanence," according to his philosophy: in world "everything" is "impermanent": a flower is born and dies, everything is in constant mutation, or change, the rocks change.

Therefore: Our brain is impermanent! (Actually, our body is impermanent, nothing remains in us forever!). The globe is spinning constantly ... nothing is standing.

We are human, it is normal to feel fear, insecurity, doubt ... And referring to another great religion (in this case Catholic), Jesus Christ, despite being a great avatar, had its crisis when he said the phrase: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (well, it can have many interpretations, this is my particular interpretacón, lol)
    Only philosophy, lol. Tomorrow will be a sunny day for us all.

Parox – It is so good that you are honest that you “do not practice what you preach”! :)

I have not been able to sing in w/d because I have a terrible problem with music getting stuck in my head. But, the few times I tried, I found, like you, that I had no strength in my lungs, so very little air, so very little sound.

This is definitely something that will be remedied by practice!

I am so sorry to hear about your bad w/d symptoms! Sending a hug and good energy!

As for the "permanent". We must eliminate that word from the dictionary.
    I feel admiration for all religions (great truths). Buddhism speaks of the "permanence and impermanence," according to his philosophy: in world "everything" is "impermanent": a flower is born and dies, everything is in constant mutation, or change, the rocks change.

Therefore: Our brain is impermanent! (Actually, our body is impermanent, nothing remains in us forever!). The globe is spinning constantly ... nothing is standing.
    Excellent, Parox! Things are always changing!

-- Holger Kalweit

Alex – insomnia is your “cross to bear” or “bête noire” symptom – the one that scares you the most. But, it *will* heal. I am concerned that you are making too many changes too close together – going down on the Seroquel, going down and up on the Xanax, going up on the phosphytil-whatever, going up on the fish oil, going up on the magnesium. Let’s review and clarify this situation.

-- Holger Kalweit