Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Visiible Improvement at 7 Month mark

Visiible Improvement at 7 Month mark

I am noticing a notorious improvement in anxiety and anhedonia these days.

Even at some point in the day I can even be "cheerful" whistling some song...is this possible?

My voice is coming back; much more control of emotions.

I still can´t watch TV and sleep is very poor, but even that is getting slowly better.

Now: is this a window, and what does it mean at this point of recovery?

7 months Effexor free.

it is a good thing the body is able to come back in some places close to original, so he is finding the path to heal;
    is it definitive? if it is , it 's a good point,
    i think it is partial window or window;
    but globally it is a very good thing for your mental;
    i have experienced some moments as this but very rarely
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

I still can´t watch TV
    Alex, that is so great to see improvement.
    BTW,I watch too much t.v. --it's such a good distraction. Can you watch any kinds of videos?
    I have been needing to stick with watching mild things--no extreme violence. Mostly comedy and documentaries. One of the great points of IAWP is to find and focus on things we love. So I have been checking out videos on famous authors from the library. I just "watched" the weirdest thing--a French documentary on J.D. Salinger called "Catching Salinger". I say "watched" because I fast-forwarded most of it. Salinger is the French filmmaker's favorite author and he wants to find him. The problem is that Salinger is a serious recluse. I won't give away the ending.
    Next up--documentary on Edgar Alan Poe.
    Last edited by Chris; 02-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Alex -- That's really interesting about your singing voice returning! I am so glad you are seeing improvement!!

Chris -- You are going to be *even more* educated when you're done with w/d from all this video watching!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

Even at some point in the day I can even be "cheerful" whistling some song...

My voice is coming back

In honor of your voice coming back, some songs for you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wHixgp2RE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55YTRNmgZEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEllHMWkXEU I hear these are some crazy lyrics--I have no idea what he's saying but what a great vocal--whatever your musical tastes this one is a classic!
    Last edited by Chris; 02-27-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Hi Chris, thanks for the beautyfull music!

CHICAGO, one of my favorites; I saw them in concert in Spain in 1975, were you born?? Hahaha!

As a matter of fact, my voice comes and goes, but overall is better.As the rest of the symptoms, I believe it is because I am being able to cope with them (symptoms) better.

At 7 months off Effexor, I KNOW I have a long road ahead...but it is getting manageable.No more awfull neuro-fear, I guess.

SINATRA, Wow! I had the privilege of singing at the Ceaser´s Palace in Las Vegas for a TV Show MANY years ago...it was very scary!! but I did it.

Key words for coping: ACCEPTANCE, PATIENCE, FAITH, COURAGE. NONE of these I had before this process....

that is amazing--you sang in Vegas? Cool!
    the Sinatra and Bobby Darin are sooo Las Vegas.
    I saw Chicago around that time too--it was the first concert I ever saw. I had no idea what kind of music you like--so am really glad you like Chicago. I just got this urge to listen to them again after so many years.
    BTW--I've heard that humming, with a lot of fairly percussive vibration in the face and throat is a good kind of meditation. (I guess similar to mantra chanting --just be sure to breath in a lot because humming is so much out breath)
    Once when I was experiencing a lot of pain I starting humming and I was able to manage the pain.

So great to hear there's improvement, Alex. Yes, it does take time, but it also does get better with time.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ha ha! Great selections, Chris! That was such a sweet idea!

Alex -- OMG! How cool that you sang at Caesar's Palace!

It sounds like the two of you have some synchronicities here!

Humming is really good for clearing your sinuses and generally healing your "instrument" -- your sinus and throat. And, you know the ancient East Indians did a lot with particular sounds and how their vibrations were healing in specific ways << and that's all I know about that!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

When we sing songs, mantras or whatever desbloquemos the chakras, they work five chakras (1st to 5th)!
    hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress