Thread: Intermezzo Ad

Intermezzo Ad

Check out this ad for Intermezzo (list of side effects is half the commercial) -- Side effects include sleep driving, hallucinations and suicide. Also the comments for this ad on youtube are pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5HTLcAOx38
    Last edited by Chris; 02-22-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

i always was attracted by light bulb and electricity, nice video

Hilarious.

One comment: "YOU MAY NOT BE ALIVE BUT YOU SURE AS SHIT WON'T BE AWAKE,

INTERMEZZO!"

On a sad note, there's a local news story of a man who may have raped a girl while under the influence of one of these you-might-do-anything-while-sleepwalking drugs.

Meanwhile, *every day* my news has some bizarre Wha? shooting......Seems to be escalating....

.....This Intermezzo *is* Ambien -- zolpidem tartrate -- so I guess they've just lowered the dosage for half a night or something.

Unbelievable.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

didn't realize it was Ambien--I guess that's the whole point--since Ambien got a lot of bad press (didn't one of the Kennedys get arrested while sleep driving on AMbien . . .) so they change the name . .clever
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

It always amazes me when I hear about prescription drugs being advertised. We just don't allow it. I think it's illegal actually. We only advertise mild analgesics like Panadol,and even then, with the caveat "if symptoms persist, see your doctor".
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Junior-I'm really glad you brought this up. this has been on my mind for some time now.
    I remember when prescription drugs weren't advertised on t.v. in the U.S. It was understood that these powerful agents were best left to doctors to discuss. Advertising drugs like a car or chewing gum has really changed the atmosphere in the U.S.
    It's great to hear Australia still has a good policy. I think I will move there!

Maybe we'll start seeing TV ads for assault rifles! Yeah, that's the ticket....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, I don't even want to imagine ... *shivers*

Chris - it's not perfect here but it's not a bad place to live. In fact, Melbourne has been voted the world's "most liveable city" on more than occasion
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous