Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canīt watch TV

Canīt watch TV

I find it hard to get interested or concentrate in most tv movies or shows, specially if they have violent or extreme situations.Anyone else?

I have the same, Alex.
    Violent movies or series make me really nervous, so I always skip them immediately.
    And also the blocks of tv commercials, most of them I skip because there's a lot of shouting and the images change too fast for me to want to look at them.
    There is a drama tv series that I like, but it also includes a lot of loud music, and every time the music starts, I put the volume down.
    So you're absolutely not the only one ;-)
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

Incredible!!

Yes, these are all WD-symptoms; hypersensitivity to light, images of violence, too bright colours, and on and on and on. Avoiding this type of sensory overstimulation is a must in WD. With time though, it'll be getting better, more normal.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

This is classic w/d. I couldn't watch any TV at all for a year. Then, I could watch an old black-and-white family show. Then, I could watch something a little more dramatic, etc.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

same here,
    today am able to watch, but no violence, and a little problem with focus and light TV
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

On Feb. 19th I posted "I canīt watch TV" It was an incredible symptom, very much connected with anxiety and fear;today, 1 month and 15 days later I have noticed that Iīm starting to be able to watch TV without getting hat awful feeling of anxiety and dysphoria.

After 8 long agonizing months, things have changed from being terryfing, to be difficult.

Most of the symptoms, which for me are 90% psycholigic, are improving, and others like panic attacks and dysphoria, abated.

I have almost no physical symptoms, the most visible: tinnitus (low) sore eyes (improving) smell hypersensitivity (improving)

Iīm still scared and traumatized for this incredible ordeal.

Iīll give a more detailed update soon.

Great news, Alex. It means your system is getting less and less sensitive. Keep it up!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Alex, you seem improving well and "fast"; this is very good sign ( because i was stagnant maybe 3 years )
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Last night I had a "bad" night after two weeks of visible improvement.This is very discouraging, but I bellieve it is part of the wax and wane thing?