Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NOBODY can tell me anything about sleeping improving??

fear, or anxiety, panik, a big problem for many, i am also concerned; try to be busy with something
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I take naturopathic supplements prescribed by, strangely enough, a naturopath! One is Inkephalin which increases the dopamine in my brain. Low dopamine is associated with an inabilty to sleep. The other is a practitioner only supplement - here in Australia - called Neurocalm - it modulates the serotonin and GABA pathways in the brain. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) and I know sleeping tablets act on this.

Here are some links for further info. Sheila, if you don't want me putting these up, delete them.

http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/2002

http://www.metagenics.com.au/product...lm-120-tablets

Oh the Inkephalin is a practitioner only supplement as well. Here in Australia at least.

My naturopath doesn't believe she can 'cure' me from w/d. Her attitude is to help by nurturing my nervous system as it makes the necessary changes and to improve my quality of life while going through the process. We both agree that time is the best cure.
    Junior-- Very Interesting links--thanks for the info. Do you find there is any hangover the next day?(that is my problem with sleep aids)
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Hi Chris, no I don't. Although, when I first took Neurocalm I had overactive adrenals and found it made me feel very spaced out. When I think about it it makes sense though. It acts on GABA which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Because my adrenals were running amok I had high levels of the excitatory stuff like adrenaline so it obviously worked by slowing it right down. That effect only lasted a day or so and since then, no problems at all.

I'm currently taking 1/2 a tab of Neurocalm morning and night, with no side effects at all.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

PHOSPHATYDILSERINE is a supplement that lowers the levels of Cortisol.

I started taking it for my awful insomnia and it seems to work.It helps to lower those "too warm feelings" that wake you up.

"too warm feelings" have you felt these?

Hard to say Alex because I've lost a lot of weight over the past 14 months (had lap band surgery and have now lost 40kg) so my body's temperature control has changed. But my naturopath has, at times, said that my palms are clammy and that this is one of the indicators of adrenal overactivity. The adrenals release cortisol, adrenaline and other hormones to aid our bodies during a stressful period. You may be experiencing the same thing - or something similar. I understand it is very common in w/d.

I'm glad you have found something that is helping you to sleep. Ongoing onsomnia is awful.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

as i do no more trust doctors,
    as soon as i hear PHOSPHATYDILSERINE, i google and see it plays on neurones; and as today nobody knows the impact of these chemical products in nerves, i would not take this, being afraid about risks, but of course, i am in withdrawal and traumatized
    i would better try some more natural and let my brain heal the level of my cortisol,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Stan--I get what you are saying. I myself have found that in w/d supplements don't work as expected. PHOSPHATYDILSERINE was too sedating for me the next day. I do support anything that helps people with w/d and I know insomnia is one of the worst symptoms.

Junior--thanks for sharing your experience about how neurocalm balances out GABA and adrenals over time.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)