Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NOBODY can tell me anything about sleeping improving??

NOBODY can tell me anything about sleeping improving??

I just read that Squirrel gets 8 hrs of sleep...LUCKY HIM! I have to do magic and still wake up every Hr or more!

I´m sorry I didn´t put the right way; what I mean is: I would like to know how the sleeping problems have improved for you in the w/d process.

Sorry about my english....

my sleep was very bad and improved in bad, and this needed near 4 years, and even now, i have some hard sleeping back
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Alex I would be like you if I didn't have a very good naturopath. I take a couple of supplements that help my sleep enormously.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

alex this has taken many years for my sleep to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Alex I would be like you if I didn't have a very good naturopath. I take a couple of supplements that help my sleep enormously.
    Hi Junior and Squirrel; thanks for your response.

So IT GETS BETTER!!!!

I am having a window, I guess; low anxiety, low neuro-fear, less anhedonia; I found myself whistling in some moment during the day...AWSOME! And last night wasn´t so bad.. I guess.

As the Rubik Cube pattern symptoms overlap; now I´m having tinnitus.Not very strong, but definetely stronger than the last months.

Junior what are you taking to help you sleep?

At almost 7 months Effexor free this is my situation:

Floating anxiety, neuro-fear(on and off) lack of apetite, anhedonia, obsessive thoughts about w/d, tinnitus, weakness, VERY disrupted sleep.

Meds: 0.25 Xanax and 12.5mg Seroquel (tapering) bed time.

Supplements: Fish Oil 3000mg/ Magnesium 250mg/ Vitamin C 500mg/ Phosphatydilserine 100mg bed-time (started 3 days ago) seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Junior what are you taking to help you sleep?
    I take naturopathic supplements prescribed by, strangely enough, a naturopath! One is Inkephalin which increases the dopamine in my brain. Low dopamine is associated with an inabilty to sleep. The other is a practitioner only supplement - here in Australia - called Neurocalm - it modulates the serotonin and GABA pathways in the brain. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) and I know sleeping tablets act on this.

Here are some links for further info. Sheila, if you don't want me putting these up, delete them.

http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/2002

http://www.metagenics.com.au/product...lm-120-tablets

Oh the Inkephalin is a practitioner only supplement as well. Here in Australia at least.

My naturopath doesn't believe she can 'cure' me from w/d. Her attitude is to help by nurturing my nervous system as it makes the necessary changes and to improve my quality of life while going through the process. We both agree that time is the best cure.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

That's totally fine, Junior. Thanks for checking.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you Junior and Sheila;

After these months of suffering, I´m "starting" to learn to cope with insomnia; the symptom that I fear the most.Maybe it has something to do with my youth or childhood traumas.As a matter of fact, I´m having vivid dreams about my deep conflicts with my father;AWSOME!

FEAR. What a powerful negative thing that is.I´ve had fear ALL my life, and despite of it, I have acomplished things that were important to me.

This "descent experience" is like the utlimate challenge for someone with fear issues....after this, my past experiences with fear are nothing.

I really see this terrible experience like a purifing process; I know I wont be the same Alejandro after this, and I am glad.

The only thing that worrys me (as everything now) is that I´m not young anymore; I´m gonna be 60 in 9 months...though I know 60 is still young for today´s standars. I´m gonna celebrate my 60th birthday in w/d...what a journey my life has been!!

But I have this strong feeling that I´m gonna do so much that I haven´t done after this hard trip that started not with Effexor, but many years ago.

I am very slowly healing; I can feel it, even with the big amount of fear that I have.

The last 4 nights or so I left 0.25mg Xanax untouched.

I am not a believer but God bless you anyway.

7 months Effexor free.

As a matter of fact, I´m having vivid dreams about my deep conflicts with my father;AWSOME!

FEAR. What a powerful negative thing that is.I´ve had fear ALL my life, and despite of it, I have acomplished things that were important to me.

This "descent experience" is like the utlimate challenge for someone with fear issues....after this, my past experiences with fear are nothing.

I really see this terrible experience like a purifing process; I know I wont be the same Alejandro after this, and I am glad.
    But I have this strong feeling that I´m gonna do so much that I haven´t done after this hard trip that started not with Effexor, but many years ago.
    Great stuff, Alex! Really great! You are trying so hard to see the purpose and the value in this ordeal. I know it's hard work, but you are doing it, and it *will* pay off for you!

This purification is going to make you younger by the end. And there has been some amazing research done about how much we can make ourselves younger (by beliefs and self-care). Sixty is the new forty!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit