Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Introducing Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Everything I know, I've learned from fiction. :)
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Chris is very sharp today....you make me laugh too!!!!!
    But don't be too nasty to Sheila, She's very kind! I really like her friendly words, so don't spoil it for me please...
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

sorry about that--I didn't mean to --I've spent my life devoted to fiction--and was laughing at the irony of SHeila's post as fiction is usually seen as made up as opposed to real life
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

I've never been very good at detecting irony..haha. Mostly I take it very seriously what people say...
    Only when I know someone for a longer time, I can understand it when someone is joking, or putting irony in a sentence...
    Oh well. I'm fine with it....I've just been to the pool, and feel quite relaxed after that.
    The sun was shining too, here, and the days get longer already. Such a relief. Springtime will be there one day, we just have to wait.
    Tapered for 6 months

I feel very bad. I thought I was making a good joke, but see I should avoid emoticons in future, as they are misunderstood. Anyway, It's your thread so i shouldn't step on with my goofy humor.
    But, even so, nasty is a strong word, and I was surprised to be judged as being nasty to Sheila on the basis of an emoticon--but again, my mistake for making a joke (in repsonse to sheila) on your thread.
    This exchange has an aspect of the drama triangle (the triangulation -- i will explain on my thread)
    Last edited by Chris; 02-17-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Dear Chris,
    Please, don't feel bad! For me the word nasty is not as strong as for you....I'm dutch, remember?
    My english might be good, but in this case I couldn't feel what using this word could cause, I'm really sorry Chris, I didn't mean it that way, or to judge you.
    And you were making a good joke, and I was laughing too, remember?
    Tapered for 6 months

Astrid – Just so you know, I read Chris’ post # 41 as very supportive of me! But thank you for your concern.

Chris -- Don't stop using your humor. Note that Astrid *did* think your use of emoticons was funny. And I thought it was hilarious. And do remember, she is a non-native English speaker so there will be false cognates and other loss of nuance. Also, you are a new moderator and I know you would be horrified to cause any problems, but you really, really didn't.

You both processed this misunderstanding very well. Now, you know each other better. Please get back to your regular humor channel, Chris. You've made me LOL a couple of times in the last few days.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dear, Astrid and Chris. It was a 100% misunderstanding. Each of you thought that the other one meant something else than she did. That is all. There is lots of great posts, good humour and off-the-chart compassion in this thread. It's the way the Internet is - we cannot hear the other person's tone of voice, we cannot see the other person's body language and their mimics. Plus, so many of us are still suffering from WD a lot, with lots of neuro-emotions going on, being very very prone to interpret things the way thay are *not*.

Considering it all, you are doing great, Astrid and Chris!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Astrid--You are a valued member of IAWP. I hope you will continue your posts.