Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Club

I liked his tales a lot.. The Pit and the Pendulum, The Purloined Letter, and some others.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Favorite books of mine include The Great Gatsby, Under the Banner of Heaven, and Feed.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

I also really enjoy The Giver.

SPOILER ALERT: It's about a perfect utopian society that is pretty much on meds to blunt out everything, including all emotion [sound familiar?] and they live in a world where everything is grey and 'perfect', and 12 year old Jonah gets a job as the dream receiver.....and basically, he learns what having emotions are like and how strong they can be.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

Hunh, that sounds like a good book!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

It is, and it actually has a series.

aka Epiphany-

I have just finished the hunger games, oh yes, heavy withdrawal and reading horror, but I enjoyed it, really really good.

now I am re reading philip pullmans northern lights, these are all books for young adults, but they are very easy to read so good for me at the moment, Im not doing well on reading in the day time, too distracted but I can read in bed again, I went through a few months where I couldnt do it, but can again now

in the day Im reading trashy magazines, the kind that are 50p and have stories like ''my son turned into a fish finger'' and ''real life, my head fell off'' but my mind is much more open nowadays so I feel sorry for the women whose son turned into a fish finger, muct have been terrible, probably some new GSK product that did it, I will recommend she posts it on Rxxisk

Im looking into getting the ripley books, have you seen the film the talented mr ripley? GREAT film, and based on a series of books which are meant to be amazing.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I have never written this before – ROFLMAO, Caroline…..

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

heehee, I just thought, sheila you are also in danger of turning into a fish finger all this omega!!!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

<< my new photo

-- Holger Kalweit