Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: "As Soon As You Stop Wanting Something You Get It."

Yeah, that guy and I think Cindy came around the quickly toward the end??
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

I wish Cindy would come and post, I read through her posts nd realised that she is 'hopeful' from PP, I often read through her timeline on PP because her symptoms are so similar to mine, although I dont think she cried s much, and she belived in her recovery, and I have PMed her but I see from her posts that she working full time again, I think there caomes a time for those people who hel when they need to move on and awy from the experience.

It seems that people who have had a terrible traumatiuc w/d as we are stick around for a while to help, and then get to point where they are ready to let go.

anyway Mike, I dont think you re correct in saying you will not recover, I still belive you will, chrley G took 7 years but that doesnt mean that people cnnot heal later than that.

At the very least I belive you have more healing to come, and if the SS symptoms went away once for 2 years then there is a good chnce that they will go away again, its the rubix cube again.

Do you have any quality of life Mike?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Mike, maybe this book might help you?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Reality-Sl...by+Russ+Harris

The “reality slap” takes many different forms. Sometimes, it’s more like a punch: the death of a loved one, a serious illness, a divorce, the loss of a job, a freak accident, or a shocking betrayal. Sometimes it’s a little gentler. Envy, loneliness, resentment, failure, disappointment, and rejection can sting just as much. But whatever form your reality slap takes, one thing’s for sure—it hurts! And most of us don’t deal with the pain very well.

The Reality Slap offers a four-part path for healing from crises based on acceptance and commitment therapy. In these pages, you will learn how to:

• Find peace in the midst of your pain
    • Rediscover calm in the midst of chaos
    • Turn difficult emotions into wisdom and compassion
    • Find fulfillment, even when you can’t get what you want
    • Heal your wounds and emerge stronger than before

Unlike some self-help books that claim you can have everything you ever wanted in life, if you only put your mind to it, this book claims that you can't have everything in life. The hard truth of this world is that we are all going to experience disappointment, frustration, failure, loss, rejection, illness, injury, aging, and death at some point. However, in spite of all this, you can still lead a rich and rewarding life. Let this book be your guide.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    I wish Cindy would come and post, I read through her posts nd realised that she is 'hopeful' from PP, I often read through her timeline on PP because her symptoms are so similar to mine, although I dont think she cried s much, and she belived in her recovery, and I have PMed her but I see from her posts that she working full time again, I think there caomes a time for those people who hel when they need to move on and awy from the experience.

It seems that people who have had a terrible traumatiuc w/d as we are stick around for a while to help, and then get to point where they are ready to let go.

anyway Mike, I dont think you re correct in saying you will not recover, I still belive you will, chrley G took 7 years but that doesnt mean that people cnnot heal later than that.

At the very least I belive you have more healing to come, and if the SS symptoms went away once for 2 years then there is a good chnce that they will go away again, its the rubix cube again.

Do you have any quality of life Mike?
    Thanks for your encouragement, Iggy. It's understandable that people hang around a while and then leave. All a part of healing.

Not much quality of life for me. I read a lot when I can but sometimes I can't even do that. I do light housework, exercise when I can tolerate it, drag myself to some of my son's sporting events, grocery shop once a week, but that's really it. Nothing else. I should add that I am very blessed to have a supportive wife, great son, and have other blessings in my life.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll read some reviews and see if it's something I think might be helpful.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

Here’s how I see it; what helps in my case, is compensating my lack of “living on the outside” (isolation going on in my “real”/more physical life, inability to do things considered so everyday by most of the “healthy ones”) by “living on the inside” as much as possible. And doing it until the next and next stages of recovery are reached. This “living on the inside” I imagine for many of us as exploring the highest floors of the Maslow’s Pyramid, or even adding more levels to it (WD forces us to do it).
    I’ve been thinking about this thing you wrote, Luc. It’s really very perceptive!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit