Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why?

You are doing an incredible job considering how young you are, NH.

The fear is really chemically-driven. There’s not much you can do about it right now, but do everything to comfort yourself, and keep telling yourself over and over that people who know about this syndrome say you are healing even as we speak. You will feel better. You will recover.

But, there are some things you can do to help yourself a bit. I don’t have a sense of what you are doing to manage the situation on a daily basis. Can you tell us what you are doing to help yourself get through this? Then, maybe we can make some suggestions.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I just wish i could feel better. Its been 9 months of intense suffering and im only 6 months off. This isnt fair :'( I feel like im suffering more than i should.

My day consists of the following:

I wake up at 7am, shower, get dressed, off to work at 8am. At work im really bored as i dont have much to do, i sit at my desk infront of my computer the whole time, i cry alot. 1pm is lunch time and the first time i eat something. 4:30pm my boyfriend fetches me from work. I go to his place, we watch DVD's, eat and usually argue, i cry the whole night. I get home after 10 pm. I dont see my mom :( i go to bed at 10:30 - 11:00 pm. then the cycle continues

Well, first of all, you're doing a superb job of holding down a job while this sick.

But, I can think of a lot of things you could do that might help take the edge off.

My first thought is that you have seem to have some available time at work. Lucky! One thing you could do is Google / read about your passion for working with animals. Try *not* to spend too much time Googling things that make you feel worse. Try to read uplifting, inspiring, reassuring things.

Then, when we are sick in general, and dealing with this illness in particular it can make a huge difference to keep your blood sugar level stable. So, even if you eat fruit and nuts all morning, it might well make a difference.

Last for today, are you getting any exercise? That can take the edge off the anxiety and ground the DP/DR.

Oops, really last for today -- are you taking any magnesium? Can help with anxiety.

I have a million other ideas, and other members do, too. Work with us to figure out what's right for you. We're all different.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit