Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grounding / Earthing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thanks Bruno--What a great suggestion--just take off your shoes. Well, the "polar bear club" swimmers jump into frigid Arctic waters, so I guess I can walk around barefoot for a few minutes.
    I tend to make things harder than they are--like thinking that I would have to lie half naked on the frozen ground to get some grounding benefit. Gosh, all of a sudden just taking off my shoes seems very doable. I always get the most benefit from walking in nature, parks.In the NW we have beautiful trees
    This reminds me of one of the big false beliefs that I have to get over--it's "all or nothing" type thinking--that I have to do something just perfectly or not at all. Perfectionism ---Ugh!
    did you try the grounding? YEa dont worry if its cold. I mean try and take it easy and dont overdue it but I few minutes with barefeet wont hurt you. Luckily I am here in Texas and we have been having very short winters lately and so it often feels like spring here. I am able to get out and about without any problems related to the winter.

you can also go ahead and try the grounding bands which are cheap. Hope the grounding helps you!
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

go on ground in France is actually not possible, rain, winter, cold, sometime snow
    you have to clean the place before lying

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    go on ground in France is actually not possible, rain, winter, cold, sometime snow
    you have to clean the place before lying
    Stan--I love it. It all depends on the weather. I sure am wishing for some of that southern heat!! Wishin' and hopin'
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Synchronistically, I just got sent a ton of information about grounding / earthing. See here --

All of this great information was collected by Mike Baliman, Founder of the Transformational Tools Energy and Mind forum.

http://www.ttem.org/forum/index.php?...si3&board=39.0

Some highlights –

--a less than 3 minute video Earthing used on the Tour de France --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZIZ5UUoOE

Here are the most hardcore, tough athletes in the world, having some squeam inducing injuries which were healing in record time (turns out there are 200-300 athletes in the US alone using earthing to aid recovery).

Electric Fields?

To be clear here we are just talking about low frequencies - not moblie, phones, microwaves etc etc.

Well I was amazed when I bought a voltmeter. Purely from sitting in my house I have 1-3V AC in my body Upstairs on my bed 8V! Touching a laptop 70V and some friends who have an electric blanket measured the field when it is off as being at 110V

Lets put this in context. Every nerve cell in your body has a voltage of around 0.07V (DC). And hey I assume you use at least quite a few of your nerve cells every day

Whats the impact of these fields? No-one knows! Literally! Unlike smoking where we found that it tended to cause lung cancers as there were plenty of non smokers, we don't have a control group who don't live in electrified houses. Now the precautionary principle would probably be "I would rather not have these". A side-effect of being electrically earthed is that these fields are literally earthed (Faraday Cage effect) ... they no longer run around your body jiggling every electron 60 times a second...

-- If you want a quick 11 minute overview by Oschman the leading cell biologist investigating electrical and energetic phenomena in the body watch this video on youtube --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWy618wrFn8

OK I Get It - Are There Any Cautions?

Yes:

1) this is powerful ... so especially if you are sick start slowly otherwise you will get too much cleansing/release of toxins too soon and feel worse not better

The next two categories are as earthing is very restorative you can find yourself in essence being overdosed with prescription medications that you might be taking ...

2) If you are on multiple medications read this: http://www.earthinginstitute.net/ind...e_medications/

3) if you are on blood thinning drugs (eg warfarin) BE VERY CAREFUL ... only do under supervision of doctor as your blood could get too thin
    Last edited by Sheila; 02-13-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added source!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Pretty remarkable, Sheila. Thanks for sharing it. The Tour de France clip, especially, is so worth watching. Big time eye-opener.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

We are moving this thread to Alternatives. Very interesting and promising potential way of alleviating the WD symptoms. Thanks a lot, Bruno.

More info; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_earthing

This especially;

"Earthing can be regarded as a new medical idea, but it is an old practice. The use of isolating shoe soles (of rubber and plastic) started around the middle of the 20th century. Leather soles, used for some thousand years, give a partial earthing – at least when moistened by sweat.

Sleeping in beds with fully isolating synthetic mattresses is also a modern practice, while getting a partial isolation through using wooden beds, perhaps combined with multi-floor buildings, has a tradition extending a few thousand years back.

Earthing has consequently been the natural lifestyle throughout almost all the time humans have existed, and even modern activities like swimming and walking barefoot in the grass will give thorough earthing. This means the modern earthing idea doesn't lead to new or unnatural practices."