Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: suicidal ideations

I'm speechless too, and very touched, thank you Sheila for these words, this gives a good image of how I feel very often too...
    Cut off from the rest of the world because I didn't have parents who supported me, and told me I was a great person no matter what.
    In my case too, all the social skills I needed to be a self confidant person were in my left arm. They weren't stimulated, or developed.
    I never felt truely loved. So I had to learn to love myself, and to look after myself. By telling people they're hurting or mistreating me.
    My left arm is still very weak, but I'm using it, to make it stronger.
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "It’s like being born with two perfectly good arms, but you grow up in a culture that says you have no left arm, and if you ever use your left arm as a kid, your family frowns, so you stop using your left arm, and you go through the bulk of your life using only your right arm. You forget you even have a left arm; it atrophies, and you’re even in denial about it being there.

Then one day you get hit by a bolt from the blue in the form of some extreme experience. Your life is turned upside down. You’re sick as a dog. The nerves in your let arm start twitching. Circulation there increases. It may hurt. You sort of remember you have a left arm. You start flexing it. It’s discoordinated from lack of use.

Slowly, you integrate your left arm into your life. Now you’re whole….and now you can do handstands, which you could never do before."

Oh Sheila! I am speechless! That´s me...crippled since my childhood by an abusive father and a religious overprotecting mother.
    I just cannot tell you how much this left arm story resonates with me (literally and figuratively). Could you tell me where it was originally posted? (please excuse my slight OCD regarding citations!!! so sorry.... if I don't control, soon I will be indexing the board and then adding glossary for acronyms and technical terminology)
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Wow, you guys are really taking this extreme experience and using it to heal, heal, heal!

¡Me saco el sombrero!

Petje af!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

LOL, Chris – That is some hilarious conglomeration of emoticons you have there! Go ahead and organize and cross-reference. I think it’s very helpful.

This goes for everyone – if you find a useful thread in the archives, go ahead and bump it. Chances are, it will be useful to someone else *right now* -- as we can see from Alex’s success here.

And if you find something in the archives that fits with an active thread, go ahead and put the link to the archived thread in the active thread. That way, when someone reads the thread years in the future, they will be led to more related info.

Chris -- That quote is the very last part of this essay --

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...model-and.html

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Wow, you guys are really taking this extreme experience and using it to heal, heal, heal!

¡Me saco el sombrero!

Petje af!
    Hey Sheila, did you really look the "petje af!" up in the dictionary? Hahahaha....so you're learning your dutch too! Petje af!
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

Astrid – Google Translator is an amazing thing. I wish I could learn every language! I think << Petje af! >> should be a new IAWP meme!

-- Holger Kalweit

be careful, i remember my english in PP, it was sometime disastrous with translator; people could'not understand what i was saying about;
    translator has limits
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I just wanted to say whoop whoop to this topic reaching 10 pages long!!

yes, thats it guys, Im back! and it looks like Im needed, no posts for 2 days? have you all recovered while I have been spending time with my mum?

Anyway, Im off to parents evening now to see how my little angel is doing at school then Im going to watch some Breaking Bad so wont be back on today...must....limit....my.....forum....activity. ...and....withdrawal...obssesion
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    I just wanted to say whoop whoop to this topic reaching 10 pages long!!

yes, thats it guys, Im back! and it looks like Im needed, no posts for 2 days? have you all recovered while I have been spending time with my mum?

Anyway, Im off to parents evening now to see how my little angel is doing at school then Im going to watch some Breaking Bad so wont be back on today...must....limit....my.....forum....activity. ...and....withdrawal...obssesion
    You can't be replaced Iggy! Nobody on this forum can. Miss you but glad you are out living some life.

We haven't been on the site because we've been out looking for you! It's been an international manhunt!

-- Holger Kalweit