View Poll Results: How many hours of sleep do you have at night?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2

0 0%
  • 3-5

5 41.67%
  • 6-8

5 41.67%
  • more than 9

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Weekly Poll - sleep

Still takes me at least 2 hours to get to sleep, sometimes 3. Then wake after 1 or 2 hours. Then sleep for 5 hours. So, it varies. On weekends, I try and go back to sleep after the 5 hour stint and I usually get another hour sometimes 2. So, I think it is around the 6-8hour mark. I never feel like it is enough as I used to sleep 9 to 10 hours a night. I have an hours rest after lunch and often nod off for 5 to 15mins, so I reckon that helps me catch up and cope with the afternoon.

If I could go to bed at 7pm and be asleep by 9, I'd be doing well, but hubby doesn't want to go to bed when it isn't yet dark and I can't sleep until he comes to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I can't sleep until he comes to bed!
    sweet! true love right there
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

so far the sleep looks good for the IAWP family
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Mine would be worse if I didn't take a supplement to boost dopamine. I'd prob only get 5 hours,broken.
    It is my biggest, ongoing thing about this whole damn process.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Mike...even though things are really bad now, is it not like that anymore for you?
    The sleeping late thing was very early on, during my long, long taper I think... I don't have the desire to sleep the day away anymore, my energy is better, and relatively speaking I am more functional. Also our schedule wouldn't allow that sleep schedule now. It was just a phase but if I had to do it over again I would have done it exactly the same way. It made sense for where I was in my recovery at that time.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

and then insomnia came after for you Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    and then insomnia came after for you Mike?
    I have had insomnia off and on throughout this whole ordeal. It was severe during my Remeron taper and for years afterward. 5-6 years ago it started to improve. My sleep is "good enough" now but it's still a bit bumpy... I'll have periods of weeks in which I sleep very deeply, then periods of frequent waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep for a couple of hours. I don't have the morning terrors anymore but when I am awake at night I can have that to lesser degree.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

Ok, for me it's around 6 hours now and getting more smooth. In early WD, it used to be no sleep at all, maybe some mini sleep-like patches, acid in the brain and every cell of the body, non-relenting panic attacks, all limbs jerking in all directions, and million of hellish symptoms more. No way to describe it. So, even if not there yet, the improvement is undeniable.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

How many of you are already able to experience the feeling of this more natural "sleepiness"; you go to bed b/c you're sleepy, not b/c it is "time to sleep"? (and then you have a problem with falling asleep anyway)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I dont feel sleepy, hardly ever, last night I went to bed at 1am, got up again, went back at 2.30, got up again, I went back for the last time at 3.15 and lay awake until around 4ish, but I noticed at this point that my body wanted to aleep, it was very noticable, and I fell asleep straight away...

The other day I yawned in the evenings and it took me by surprose, I realised that it has been a long time since I have yawned, crazy