View Poll Results: How many hours of sleep do you have at night?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2

0 0%
  • 3-5

5 41.67%
  • 6-8

5 41.67%
  • more than 9

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Weekly Poll - sleep

A Weekly Poll - sleep

Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ok, even if you wake up during the night, let us count the time spent sleeping in total.

My sleep is good, sometimes I dont get off to sleep until maybe 3 or 4 am but then I can sleep through till midday, BUT Im still on this 1.2mg
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Great to hear at least your sleep is ok, Iggy. Are you able to sleep it at one go, or you wake up during night?

no, once Im sleep I stay asleep, cant nap as I have the dread feelings, but this morning, after getting to sleep at around 4am, my son woke us up at 7.30, that uncomfortable horrific anxiety feeling was there but I managed to force myself back to sleep...this is something that has actually improved for me as I taper off, whether thats because of a sensitivity to the celexa (still having an adverse reaction even to this small amount) or the 6 and a half months from the adverse reaction Im not sure, but earlier on I would BOLT awake at 5am and not be able to sleep NO WAY...thats not the same now, of course it could be again once Im off the drug
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

so the 9 or 10 hours Im asleep is fine, its the other 14/15 I am having trouble with LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    so the 9 or 10 hours Im asleep is fine, its the other 14/15 I am having trouble with LOL
    Sleeping long and late helped me at one point in my withdrawal. I would get all of those late night hours alone (zoning out on the computer) and then the next day would go faster by virtue of the fact that I was sleeping so late. I would also delay my morning routine, stretch it out a couple of hours (showering, etc) and this helped to make my day feel like it was going faster since I wasn't really beginning my day until 2 or later in the afternoon.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

I take an hour or more getting off to sleep but usually manage a block of about 5 hours once I do -with the help of a naturopathic supplement that increases dopamine. At weekends I manage another 2 hours or so by going back to sleep and manage on weekdays by going back to bed for another couple of hours after my son is on his bus to his day program.

I always have at least a few days of waking every hour while feeling the effects of my latest drop. Gah....
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sleeping long and late helped me at one point in my withdrawal. I would get all of those late night hours alone (zoning out on the computer) and then the next day would go faster by virtue of the fact that I was sleeping so late. I would also delay my morning routine, stretch it out a couple of hours (showering, etc) and this helped to make my day feel like it was going faster since I wasn't really beginning my day until 2 or later in the afternoon.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel about things Mike...

the midnight-3am time is when I feel my best so I dont mind being awake then, and by the time I have got up in the morning (afternoon) and got stuff sorted out it time to pick up my son from school then I start to think ok soon I can have a bath and go to bed and the day will be over (of course I dont go to bed early but telling myself I can, can help)

Mike...even though things are really bad now, is it not like that anymore for you?