Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Iggys Sock Monkey and other crafts Therapy Zone - keep busy or die of fright

Iggys Sock Monkey and other crafts Therapy Zone - keep busy or die of fright

Luc had the wonderful idea of me starting a thread here to keep track of my craft projects and toy making over my w/d and recovery (I hope and pray)

I hope having this thread will motivate me to continue making my toys and other crafts and I will keep a record of them here - or try to, I also hope that by doing this I will

1) focus my mind away from withdrawal

2) hopefully cause neurogenisis by engaging in ''meaningful activity''

3) Improve my quality of life by feeling I have accomplished something - even something small.

4) Help me feel like Im living a normal life as this was something I had always done before

If anyone else is doig any craft projects please feel free to post updates and piccies of what you are doing...

Tomorrow I am going to start a new sock monkey - they usually take me a few days or a week to do one and they are complex and thats when Im NOT in w/d LOL

It is my dearest wish that in 2 or 3 years I will be recovered, I hope at that point to have a big stall at a christmas fair and sell all the things I have made during withdrawal, and hope that doing so will help me let go of the trauma, I know its a long way ahead but hanging onto that picture that one day I will be healed and I will have that stall, may help calm me and therefore help me heal...

Could be ALOT of sock monkeys eh guys? Imagine 8 years worth...oh well, at least Ill be RICH!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

What a fantastic thread! The four main points in it are very wise and motivating. Can't wait for the updates. Long live sock monkeys.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Stan, Im going to need a monkey emoticon!!
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Oh, well done, Iggy! All your reasoning is excellent! I'm really glad you started a thread to journal your project!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar

Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Ha! Awesome, Cosette!

Thanks, Francoise! Very sweet monkeys!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This thread title made me LOL so I had to make my first post here. Awesome monkeys btw. I had to google what a sock monkey is before I saw the pics, live and learn. I've been lurking for a while and reading in the background. I see there are some otheres from PP here too. Bruno, Junior, I figured needinghelp is Belaqua?

Hello, Moui! Welcome to IAWP. Glad you joined us. The more, the merrier. Yes, these monkeys are incredible. And, yes, more of us were once on PP. Have some IAWP tea - you will find it among our emoticons somewhere there.

Hi Moui!! nice to see you here, this is the best forum..no one here will sy

SHUT UP AND DO CBT

YOU WILL NEVER RECOVER IF YOU THINK NEGATIVE THOUGHTS lol

Yes, NH is Bella, lol,

anyway, I have been very slack, its weird (and not of course) that at midnight I am determined to do the sock monkeys, but then the day time rolls around and I cant find the strength...well I got all the stuff out today but that was it, but at least its all ready to go, MUST try to push myself more...tomorrow I WILL do it