View Poll Results: Which of the following symptoms are the worst for you now?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akathisia (inner restlessness/burning feeling/acidic feeling)

2 18.18%
  • Anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure)

4 36.36%
  • Anxiety

5 45.45%
  • “Brain zaps” (electric shock-like sensations in the head)

0 0%
  • Cognitive/memory problems

2 18.18%
  • Depersonalization/derealisation (“brain fog”)

2 18.18%
  • Depression

4 36.36%
  • OCD (Obsessive - Compulsive Diorder)/obsessive thoughts/phobias

3 27.27%
  • Panic attacks

1 9.09%
  • Physical pain

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weekly poll - the WD symptoms

Luc, what did you vote for?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thank you for your great input, Everyone. The OCD part and anxiety would be the "poll's launcher's" choice. Please, keep the votes coming. In case someone wishes to remain anonymous, it is enough to just do the voting part without even posting.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

It’s very interesting to me that brain zaps aren’t appearing. Is this symptom on the decline in the SSRI w/d world?

People who are on pp and SA – are you still hearing a lot about brain zaps, or not as much any more?

Iggy – I think you can just call it mild akathisia *and* anxiety. It definitely sounds like it has characteristics of both. Whoopee, right? ;)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

It looks like, statistically, IAWP may have more long-termers than other sites, Sheila, and folks are pretty much past this stage.

Oh, brain zaps, we don't miss you.

I think that people wouldnt pick brain zaps (which I do still get) because they are not painful, and compared to the misery and agony of the mental torture they really are nothing, I know that all of us would happily zap away all day for the rest of our lives if the mental pain would go away!

maybe one Day Luc we can have a poll that says ''how are you feeling now you are healed''

1) Happy
    2) VERY happy
    3) VERY VERY happy
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Good point, Iggy - the hellish severity of other symptoms may, by contrast, mitigate the way one perceives brain zaps.

I so promise to post such poll at some point. The fourth option would be very very happy² or even very very happy³.

Those are very good points, Luc and Iggy. Yet, I’m still wondering if we might be seeing some kind of shift. It seems to me that in the past on pp, people complained of brain zaps well past early w/d, and they complained more intensely. IOW, even in the time I was looking at pp daily – 2005 – 2010 – I think this symptom became less talked about.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Very interesting. The other possibility is that people are still experiencing it, but it became less of a WD symptom meme, and/or some environmental stuff, and/or what you wrote about on your blog last year, Sheila. By the way, I need to check if we have a "brain zap" emoticon. :)

we need one!!! Zoink!

Luc I wanted to say that I like your weekly polls and they are a really good idea. x

Yes, I like them too. To the point of wanting to make them into a "daily poll". But once a week should be enough. Perhaps, one day I'll post a poll with a question "What is your bank account password?". LOL. Kidding, of course!