Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cytokine storm, Paxil flu, detox flu, healing crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Inflammation seems to be the basis of just about all disease process. But, I’m confused, because I know of one person in severe w/d who has had tests that show they have very low inflammation levels. So, I guess, as usual, we have to say that nothing is true *all* the time. But, yes, inflammation may be key for many of us.
    That is one of those surreal things about WD... So many things contradict themselves... Let us keep digging for the truth notwithstanding. Some model must eventually emerge.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

m&m -- the answer is.....

C reactive protein...
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thanks,, a very interesting article. I can relate to the sickness symptoms, that's for sure. It really does sound like inflammation is the key.

Is inflammation a build up of water? It might help to eat less salt and drink less water if so.

The article mentions cytokine rebound from suddenly coming off causing the reactions. I have heard that a/d's also contain anti-histamine and it also makes sense that suddenly coming off the a/d would cause you to be allergic again.

Inflammation is a complex set of responses. One of the things that happens is fluid build up.

Eating less salt will help with some of the fluid retention, but, actually, they say to drink much *more* water to help with fluid retention. Anyway, always drink more water when you’re sick.

I forget which med you’re coming off – I think Paxil is the most antihistaminic SSRI, so when you get off it, you have a terrible histaminic rebound.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This is really interesting Sheila regarding cytokine storms and cytokine sickness behaviour.
    I think most of my physical symtoms currently could be down to inflammation. I have inflamed gums, i can feel my ribs rubbing and clicking together as if they or connective tissue are inflamed (although nothing came up on chest xray), when i get eye pain it seems like the nerve is inflamed in my eye and i can actually see the nerve bright red when i look in the mirror. When my eye doesn't hurt - it isn't bloodshot and i can't see the nerve in my iris.
    50mg sertraline Oct 2011-Dec 2011.
    25mg Sertraline Jan - March 2012.
    Too fast taper from 25mg - 0.
    Protracted WD Will be 14 months AD free May 10th 2013.

Rachel – ouch about your ribs! I know I’m beginning to sound like a fanatic :) but I can’t resist saying that Omega-6 [sic] is the inflammatory fatty acid we’re all getting too much of in our modern diets, and Omega-3 is the anti-inflammatory one. You need both, but taking Omega-3 supplements shifts us to a better ratio between them. Not everyone in w/d has too much inflammation, but probably most of us do.

-- Holger Kalweit

since two weeks i take canola oil (omega-3), and my all body muscles nerves inflammations seem improving; or is it maybe illusion?
    i will see
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

The WD symptoms are one of a kind. Beyond bizarre. Hardly anyone in medical field will believe it. But they are very real. With time though it will be improving.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    since two weeks i take canola oil (omega-3), and my all body muscles nerves inflammations seem improving; or is it maybe illusion?
    i will see
    Great to hear it. I think there's no illusion. It does have anti-inflammatory properties.

i think that the whole system gets effed up period...
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week