Thread: my tapering

my tapering

I was on 20 mg paxil(deroxat) during one or two years, then 10 years on 10 mg,i weaned in 1,5 month;
    as i was in hell, i go to the doctor who prescribed me 20 mg citalopram (celexa), after one month , i begin to taper during 11 months to reach
    the famous 0 mg with difficulties;
    as the celexa exists in liquid in France, i had no problem for the doses i do with a syringue(wich is selled with the bottle);
    we can summarize a cold turkey in 1,5 month followed by a switching and a 11 months taper.
    Taper slowly minimize the symptoms, but the suffering is anyway here;:(
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

As much as it's still hurting, Stan, your doing taper instead of going cold turkey was a very wise decision. I'm sure your recovering process will be shorter b/c of it. Out of curiosity, did you do it instinctively (tapering), or you already knew that it should be done this way (you read it on the Web, etc?)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i do instinctively 1,5 month, failure 8 days, then doc, celexa 20mg, web searching what is wrong, only found "benzo org uk" Ashton manual, and try to wean with syringue 11 months, it was hell during and after...i do not see a shorter recovery until yet , it is better to slowly wean, it is sure, but it is not a guarantee to heal faster, for me it depends on how many receptors are killed and if body will be able to repair these destructions,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish