Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post

We WILL RECOVER and I believe we will see major progress over the next 6 months. We've come this far....
    Samsara
    ok, thanks Samsara, 6 months,6 months, it is soon!!!! i am not ready so short!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi Stan............

I have finally been able to read your entire intro and I just wished to express how sorry I am for everything you have been through. I can relate to many aspects of your story and thus, can feel the suffering that you and others have experienced.

You struggled to figure out how to get off the drugs .........have learned so much about WD and in doing so, you have helped many others on the forums. I can also relate to your experiences with doctors etc.

Good news is: You have made it off the drug(s) and recovery is slowly occuring. I also feel for how difficult it must have been for you to go through such agonizing suffering alone. As you know, from personal experience, it adds another layer of trauma into the equation. You've been incredibly strong to endure this journey mostly alone.

As I've mentioned before, you're on the homestretch of recovery. You've come so far and 4 or 5 more months can make a huge difference. Soon, very soon, you will have your life back.

I wish you many beautiful years to make up for the many years of suffering.

We will keep hanging on until we turn that magical corner of recovery.

Peace, Continued Healing and Full Recovery to You in the Very Near Future!

Samsara

as Pokie write me a day in the other forum about our dogs "you made me water eyes", i will say you :"you made me water eyes";
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

33 months off

hi all my friends,

i have:(i used Samsara list of symptoms, thanks my Samsara)

- ribcage, spinal, shoulders pain and itching
    - chest pain when walk
    - akathisia standing
    - derealization
    - dry mouth eyes and nocturia night
    - off balance
    - blurry eyes morning
    - photosensitivity
    - perceptual disturbances and distortions
    - weakness
    - muscular rigidity when walk
    - poor concentration
    - vertigo
    - excitability
    - memory impairment
    - ataxia
    - fatigue
    - lack of concentration
    - arms pain
    - emotional

some of these symptoms have much decreased but are still here; no anxiety apparently;

i have entered a new phase, i suffer less since a while and feel subtle improvments;

waves are really short, in a day a symptom can be high and later mild

As i said, i feel i am improving every day; but it will last months and months

globally, i am very much better actually, suffer very less...

time and patience

You're definitely on your way, Stan. You wrote "I've entered a new phase". Absolutely so! From now on everything will be getting better and better. You will be able to do more things, which will allow you to heal faster, which will enable you to do more things.... and so on. All the symptoms you've mentioned will be dropping off. The worst will NEVER EVER be back.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Congratulations on your achievement, mon ami! You are being very strong. And it is really impressive that you are able to acknowledge your progress!

Luc makes very good points about how you are shifting into a positive cycle, where healing begets healing.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Our friends here think like me:you have already had real improvements and the worse is behind you.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

no sleep

with this crap, when we seem better, something new comes worse,

i did not sleep one minute this night,
    Today, when i usually go to bed, when i am lying horizontal, fear, trembling, heart area pain, lightheaded, pins and needles in legs, arms, all body...
    i had to go to armchair and was not well, nocturia; all was very worse this night
    i finally arrived to be horizontal several periods but no sleep;
    and of course heart beat quick, blood pressure but just under 15;

the morning is weird without sleeping, and always this fibro chest ribcage spinal pain fire; and this constant trembling inside...

how will be my next night?

i see that testimonies from people who sleep bad are severe problems; until this night i arrived to manage it for me; will i be able to solve it;
    i know that often, with time, many things resolve themselve,

Stan......

in your earlier post you mentioned that you were seeing good sings of improvement. That's fantastic!!! I am so happy to read this!

Have you been doing much more lately due to feeling a bit better? Perhaps you have overdone things a bit and now your CNS is reacting to too much stimulation which could be one explanation for your sleepless night.

Just wish to mention that as we recover we don't always feel immediate or "day after" negative effects of doing too much. Rather, there can be a "delayed effect" that occurs about 2 days AFTER we've been active.

I had a similar night to yours a few weeks ago. I did manage to fall asleep but snapped awake 1 1/2 hours later and woke up in a really bad state.........didn't sleep for the rest of the night nor could I nap during the day.

BTW, you likely will sleep better tonight or you could just be going through another sleep disruption phase which will likely be short lived at this stage in WD.

Try not to let this one night discourage you. Remember how you felt hopeful, due to the improvements you experienced, prior to this bad night? Try to keep focused on that since, REAL improvements HAVE been manifesting. There will be more to come!

Samsara

Also, remember we are still going through the holidays. That exacerbates w/d symptoms -- all the emotions, memories, changes in routine, stimulation, encounters with people. This stressor will be over soon. Then, you will return to your previous level of healing, which was quite good.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit