Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

thanks Cindy,

i am more reassured when i know someone had similar problems and has been better; i am very bad in near 32 months when i see my difficulties in sleeping, walking and many bad things; many said "i am the worst case", but i see we are each worst case, and i think my age plays a part;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Stan,
    I know I am six years out now, but I am not much younger than you. While I was going though it I also thought I was the worst case I read about. Also, there was a woman named "Dottie" on the "other" board that was (I believe) in her late sixties when w/d hit her and she did recover too.

I really know how hard it is, but you will get there.

i remember i read about her, i will go look again, thanks
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I agree with Cindy:we often believe that we are the worst case especially when a wave hits us.I think every person is unique and that we all have to fight against sufferings but also the hope to get better.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Stan, it's been improving. Just a tiny bit more. You've been bravely fighting on for 32 months. Any moment now, ANY MOMENT now, the corner-turning may happen, and your getting your life back with it. Hang in there!
    Last edited by Luc; 11-19-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

yes, turning the corner, but i am in a hurry!

Patience my friend. Patience!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Finally my repairing has started at end of 32 months mark

hi all,

i have:

- constantly ribcage and spinal in fire and pain (sometime with shoulders)
    - outdoor i am very much better with the chest pain when walk, a little more energy, but still fatigued (maybe fibromyalgia ribcage/spinal)
    - akathisia standing has improved a little
    - derealization is rare and mild
    - at night dry mouth, dry eyes, nocturia, legs burning and vibration in all body, blood pressure: 15;

during day i am so much better without this tension so high! I still have tension, but so less!!!
    i am emotional, sensitive but even forget anxiety... (it is a good sign, i was anxious all my life)
    nights are always a problem but it gives me serious hope seeing my real improvements

finally my visible repair has started, i know it will need months and months and that all will not be perfect

i am waiting 33 months mark
    Last edited by stan; 12-01-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Stan, I'm so moved to read these words. You're right - the healing is there for you. Stay patient and the following months will be even better. It's been a long long way, but you will get your life back.

PS What you said in the quote below is crucial, Stan. It may prove what many people say after they healed (those who were put on drugs b/c of the anxiety) - that WD was an extreme type of conditioning - we had no other choice but to fight tooth and nail, and to utilize (consciously or subconsciously) evey possible technique to be able to survive. After WD is over, those mechanisms stay with us, making us better equipped to deal with potential every day problems, or too much, very often baseless, anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    during day i am so much better without this tension so high! I still have tension, but so less!!!
    i am emotional, sensitive but even forget anxiety... (it is a good sign, i was anxious all my life)