Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    ACV = apple cider vinegar?
    Yes, it is.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Talking of "a mechanical factor and the pressure on the spine", I have no doubt it is so often the case. There has been this specific type of movement/body position that have caused severe worsening of symptoms in my case. It took me a lot of time to figure it out, but the correlation and causation is simply uncanny. Every time I move about anything heavier than usual by carrying it in *front* of my body, the symptoms follow almost instantaneously.
    Interesting, Luc. Something about carrying the weight in front of you may put pressure on some vertebrae in your neck or upper back. I suspect we all have a lot of neck stuff going on. You know many people have lhermitte's sign in early w/d. I would like to see someone get some really good neck physiotherapy and see if that helps.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    You know many people have lhermitte's sign in early w/d.
    You're very right, Sheila. Ha! I didn't think of it. And, indeed, they even mention it can be WD-related.

4 years off med

NIGHT: dry mouth and eyes, prostate problems(seem using "uroprostat" helps a little); brain zaps disorientation for a few seconds who are scary(as short epilepsy) come and go
    bad sleep 5/6 hours

DAY: musculo-squeletal and joints in pain and fire
    itching head, back spine, arms
    standing very difficult but some periods little better
    rare scary zaps (new)
    very high emotional, anxiety, panik periods
    right ear deaf and severe right tinnitus, ear blocked like; sometime i forget tinnitus
    derealization depersonalization, some periods very strong
    exercize is not possible, only very mild, or else immediatly chest heart arms pain, some periods it is better
    walking stiff in constant alert, have to think about constantly, nothing automatic, high difficult to cross a road because cars, it is much better sometime
    arm and chest pains when walk more when cold, but after a while they lift
    hypersensitive to shine, dark, fluo lights, too much light etc
    sometime a pain in bowels, gallbladder
    the center of my outdoor problems seem to be the ability to be quiet, maybe mild akathisia, constantly tensed, never able to be cool, zen
    as many, i have a strange problem with my left arm, nerves inflamation related, heart

globally i am improving but very too slow
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Wow, 4 years, Stan. That is quite an anniversary. Your body has already made an incredible progress. The symptoms you are still experiencing will be abating too. Oh yes, it improves so slowly, but you add one good piece at a time...

Bravo on your strength and fortitude, M. Stan! You are heroic, sans doute. Who would ever believe this? Who would ever believe that it would take so long to heal from a prescription medication? It is like an alternate reality.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Do you guys know that I met up with Stan back in 2011? I was in Europe, on holiday, and we spent 2 full days in Paris. One was a 'free day' so I arranged to meet up with him. It was awesome :D
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

I remember, Junior! Hopefully, you will meet again, both healthy and free of the demon Paxil.

-- Holger Kalweit

Well one thing is for sure - there will be a lot less of me if we meet again! 39 kilos to be precise
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    walking stiff in constant alert, have to think about constantly, nothing automatic, high difficult to cross a road because cars
    Well put, Stan - especially the "nothing automatic".