Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

thanks Sheila and Luc

16 years of my life stolen

I started Deroxat (paxil) at the age of 46 years, I did not need it, living well with my anxiety, I now find myself seriously handicapped because of this antidepressant, and I have no memories of these 16 years, it's as if I had been switched from 45 to 60 years, I have not lived, I have a psychological trauma that I will have to assum, the doctor induces me diseases withhis antidepressant, he should be accountable to justice, but unfortunately he will not be worried.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I feel similarly about all the time I have spent on meds and in w/d from meds. It is very hard to contemplate the amount of time. I really wish we had not had to go through this.

Regarding the lost memories, I have found that, later in w/d, tons of memories return.

Regarding the lost time, this may be one of those situations that end better than you expect. This incredible ordeal may lead you to things you would never have discovered otherwise. You may learn things from it that make you happier than you can imagine at this moment, and that help you to create some kind of justice.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I hear you big time, Stan. It's not only our dealing with WD physically-wise, but also healing from the trauma WD has induced. Though, we need to remember of the amazing ability of the human brain to re-set itself. By way of simplifying it all, our minds need to change their inner algorithms - after this happens, both WD and the psychological/emotional damage from it will be for us nothing more than a small dot in the life's rear-view mirror. Step by step...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

window

i have had a window 1 october at 7 pm during maybe 4/5 hours;
    i was feeling well, no chest pain shortness of breath or so little when walking, better vision, very less derealization, more energy,
    forget fibromyalgia, maybe globally 70%
    the 2 october, back to derealization, pains, dizziness...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Hi Stan.......

I'm SO HAPPY to hear that you had this window!! Wonderful news! There will be many more windows to come.

Sorry you are back into symptoms but at least you had a good sign that recovery is happening.

I hope to read more in your thread sometime soon.

Take care.

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    window

i have had a window 1 october at 7 pm during maybe 4/5 hours;
    i was feeling well, no chest pain shortness of breath or so little when walking, better vision, very less derealization, more energy,
    forget fibromyalgia, maybe globally 70%
    the 2 october, back to derealization, pains, dizziness...
    Stan that is awesome. Your first window! May there be many more
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

thank you Samsara and Junior and others, i already had two or three very little windows(15 minutes) months ago, i am waiting the next impatiently...

Stan, I'm so happy about your window (even if a very brief one)! Every such window brings us more energy to stay the course. It also proves that we're healing. Every time you feel worse just think about this (and the previous) windows - it will help you to go through the more difficult moments. At some point you will write in this thread about the "never-ending-window". I promise!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

30 months off

hi,
    actually: the worse is akathisia standing, and global kind of akathisia mental nervousness;

- walking outdoor:chest pain after maybe 40 steps
    - derealization
    - akathisia standing
    - dizzy from time to time
    - globally back,spinal,chest, legs mild pains
    - at night dry mouth,eyes,nocturia,maybe mild akathisia

all these symptoms fluctuate from severe to mild

More time passes, more i am feeling that akathisia seem to play the most big part in my body suffering

i am waiting 31 months mark

You are doing a great job of coping with all the torture, and a great job of taking care of yourself. I'm thinking of you....

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit