Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

35 months off

hello all,

before tapering i had nothing as this,

ankylosing spondylarthritis : pains spinal, ribcage, hip joints, inflamations

dry mouth, eyes especially night, try to drink but no success

nocturia often better: one hour become 1,5 to 2 hour (but as i can sleep only very little...)

when lying in bed no more than one hour,, moving head gives a kind of dizziness/vertigo, spinal pain, kind of balance vertigo, very poor sleep

walking outdoor only a few streets because a somatization of chest pain and arms anxiety reflex,
    have to rest every 15 steps (has become worse); muscular rigidity when walk

standing difficult has improved a little

bowels problem, vision blurry more morning with ophtalmic migraine

lightheadness, high axcitability

maybe akathisia has lessened actually (it comes and goes)

anxiety or agoraphobia or panic, some derealization, emotional very bad

off balance

nerves shocks (spine?...brain?...)

and many more disturbance which are not painful or visible
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Please, stay strong, Stan. You've come a long way. You already saw better days, and they will be back. This crap is so stubborn, but will eventually abate. We're with you!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Oh, Stan, it really is a very hard journey. Incredible. And it makes it even harder that it is still a special knowledge that only a few people know about.

You are so strong and so brave. You keep going through every long day, living alone, trying your best to take good care of yourself and learn and do something constructive.

It really will end. You really are healing at this moment. Do not trust the despairing thoughts that come -- they are the product of neurological disarray. You cannot trust your thoughts and feelings. They are off kilter.

Look at how well Cosette is doing. And remember how long it took her. That will happen for you, too.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Stay strong and don't lose hope,Stan.The improvements will come soon.
    We are here to help you:be sure we can understand you.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Stan, please hang in there I had a very difficult time and I am here to say I am fine now. I know it is hard to see when you are in the middle of it, but you will recover.

Stan I am so sorry to hear your struggling. Thinking of you.

new wave after old one

thanks all for your kind words,

i suffered since several time from a severe wave of upper back, ribcage, hip joints; this has diminished (but not gone) and still hurts;

i suffer now since three/four days from severe chest pains, arms pains and heavy weakness, have difficult to walk two streets even very very slowly;
    since the time i know it will diminish and be replaced by another thing;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Ugh! You have not had a window for awhile, and that makes us get more worn and down. But, you WILL have a window. It *will* happen. And then, more windows. And then....parasailing. :)

<< this is the energy of all of us together here at IAWP giving you a hug
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dear Stan, please stay strong. Those waves are damn stubborn, but when you emerge from this one, you will experience even more progress. Ah, this Rubik Cube's thing... But we will prevail eventually. You have come a long way. Just a little bit more...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

<<<< a window
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous