Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

The improvement you've experienced in recent months signals the healing process. More and more symptoms will be dropping off in the months to come, Stan. Stay brave.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

34 months off

hello my friends

pains:
    ribcage, upper back spinal, arms

akathisia:
    standing, less when sitting, laying down in bed

exercize very difficult, only little walking

concentration bad

muscles tension:
    legs, bowels, chest, shoulders

dry mouth and eyes at night

derealization, emotional very bad

weak, photosensitivity

i am actually in a wave of severe akathisia and insomnia (normally my waves duration are short)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Hi Stan! "Keep walking" and try to focus on your improvements because I am sure you have had them.It is sometimes difficult not to lose hope but we must stay confident in a better future.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thanks for the update, Stan. Please remember it's just a bad wave. You will ride it out. More Rubik's Cube's puzzles are getting into their proper places. A month more and we're inMarch, so the spring is getting closer; sun, warmth, more energy and life. This will also be very helpful in healing.

It's so scary and depressing to go through yet another wave. But they *do* end. Always. And, often you feel even better than before, after the wave is done.

It's especially hard to go through an especially severe wave. But even those end. And you are definitely healing. There might even be more healing happening during these waves.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I agree with you,Sheila.After a severe wave we often have a big improvement and better healing. I have noticed that.

Hey Stan.........

these severe surges of symptoms re: the akathisia can feel quite frightening and really throw off our confidence in a big way. I too have experienced these strange surges which usually only last a day or several hours now even amid being in a wave of other symptom flare-ups. For example, several months ago I got hit with profound dizziness that lasted most of the day. It was the severest attack I have had to date ..........where I literally could not walk forward. Something was so royally messed up within my brain that my body could only move in a side-way fashion.

I had to cross one foot over the other and try to walk side-ways and try to maintain some sense of balance while holding onto doorways etc. since, it was literally impossible to walk forward. I tell you..............I was really afraid and I had to remain in bed all day and I prayed to god that it would lift by the evening and it did! I was so hungry by that time since, I wasn't able to eat anything all day due to being bedridden.

Just a few days ago..........once again, I got hit with another severe dizzy spell that lasted many hours however, it was not as bizarre as the previous severe episode. At least this time, I could walk in a forward fashion although very difficult.

Stan, the severe akathisia will likely lift within 24 hours when at this stage in WD. Yes, you will still have all other symptoms of the wave to contend but at least the akathisia will likely ease up. I always have to remind myself of the fact when particular symptoms flare up with such intensity. It's mind boggling how these intense surges of symptoms can appear so far into the WD process. But as others have mentioned, these waves always end and usually there is much improvement afterwards.

Hang in there Stan..........just a few more months to go and I believe the corner turning will occur.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Samsara I always highly appreciate what you write and you always give me hope and strength.I too had this awful dizziness which made me unable to walk(The first time it occured when I was on Paxil:I suddenly felt in the street as if I had drunk too much and I had the worst difficulties to come back home.)
    After 45 months off Paxil I still have problems for walking but on the other hand I have had big improvements.
    Stan I believe that you have a high level of anxiety which makes you think that you will never heal but you WILL.Hang in!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosette123 View Post
    Samsara I always highly appreciate what you write and you always give me hope and strength.I too had this awful dizziness which made me unable to walk(The first time it occured when I was on Paxil:I suddenly felt in the street as if I had drunk too much and I had the worst difficulties to come back home.)
    After 45 months off Paxil I still have problems for walking but on the other hand I have had big improvements.
    Stan I believe that you have a high level of anxiety which makes you think that you will never heal but you WILL.Hang in!
    Hi Cosette,

Thank you so very much for your very kind words but you know, you also give me hope and the strength to hang on since, it’s inspiring and reassuring for me to see how you have moved into creative endeavors. I'm very happy for you! I am a very creative person by nature as well, but I have lost my desire and ability to engage in such. My concentration is very bad and mental akathisia impedes me as well. So, when I see how far you’ve come it gives me much hope that I will someday regain my creative flair which I hope will be occur in the very near future.

I’m so sorry to hear about your severe dizzy incident in the street as well as your continued problems with walking. I totally believe your story re: feeling as if you were drunk. It must have been very scary for you, especially if you were alone to contend with it.

I had so many long months of feeling that way during early WD. I have never in my life been so drunk to produce the staggering effect but let me tell you, during WD I looked like I was inebriated to the max. I literally was bumping back and forth between the walls, staggering, unable to maintain balance, along with accompanied stupor and paralyzing fatigue. Also dizzy spells that would hit from nowhere and I would literally lose my footing even when standing in one place (without walking).

So, despite these few recent dizzy attacks, I am beyond grateful that I do not experience these on a chronic level any longer. I still get hit with short bursts of dizzy jolts when trying to fall asleep, along with occasional brain zaps but again, most times these are not as severe as in the past (with the exception of the two incidents I have mentioned).

I'm so happy to hear that you have experienced big improvements overall and may the remaining symptoms disappear within the very near future!!

Here's to Our FULL RECOVERY!!!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    So, despite these few recent dizzy attacks, I am beyond grateful that I do not experience these on a chronic level any longer. I still get hit with short bursts of dizzy jolts when trying to fall asleep, along with occasional brain zaps but again, most times these are not as severe as in the past (with the exception of the two incidents I have mentioned).
    That is so great to hear, Sam! Just take it easy, and you will get there.