Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

13 years on psychotropics

Hi all,

i have anxiety since my childhood, this anxiety was bearable until 45 years,
    i had my first little panic attack at my work, not very spectacular, just a little panic, after a walk of 15 minutes
    all was "well".
    when i had my appointment with my doctor, he asked me how i was, i thinked it was the moment to tell my little story,

i trusted the doctors and their big knowledge.
    Without saying nothing he give me the prescription with another med and told me : you take a half one week and then an entire.
    At the chemist, they gave me a new little box and i go home, and took a half, then an entire... all was ok.
    I began take 20 mg deroxat (paxil).

one or two years after, i speak with myself, and decide to take only the half : 10 mg/day.
    And this was until 2007 (12 years), but i noticed these 6 last years i was slowly more bad (i was in "tolerance",
    the poison was destroying me silencely).
    i decided to wean as soon i was retired possiblility (57 years).
    i weaned 10 mg in 1,5 month. I was very bad, and after 8 days went to the doctor who switched me on 20 mg citalopram(celexa), big mistake
    because i was in withdrawal of paxil and add a new with his side-effects is not well.
    At home i speak myself after my crash, i have to document about this because something is wrong.
    I suffered high hell during 3 weeks and then hell...

I had now internet slow debit, i try to find something about antidepressants in France, and found nothing (only that France consumer
    are "world champion " in psychotropics), and only "benzo org uk",
    and decided antypsychotics, anxyolytics and antidepressants work same.
    So, every week, i try to diminish with a syringue my 20 mg. It took me 11 months hell.Any help from doctor.
    In the same time, around me, people and doctor told me to go to a psychiatrist; the first appointment i said him i am here to wanting his help for weaning,
    he say me: "antidepressants cure nothing, they only mask the problem"
    The second appointment and the others he tried to prescribe me others meds, i remember him he has told me"they cure nothing",
    what a goal , i already eat since 13 years, what will give me more years? 20 years, 35 years? Where do i go so ?
    this lasted 8 months once a week, he said nothing and seemed to wait i fall during my weaning hell.
    It was a dangerous situation for my goals, so i decided to stop because in that state we are very much more vulnerable.
    The 30 march 2009 i was at 0 ml.
    I though all will go better since. Big illusion!
    At 28 months off, i have many diseases and some severe neurological damages from paxil.

Congratulations, Stan, on this very first post on our new site!

It is paradoxical to see your post -- on the one hand, it's thrilling, and on the other hand, it's devastating.

Your taking this leap of going public will lead the way to transformation for you and for the world.

Thank you for christening our new site, mon ami!

You are a brave, strong, smart person. As you have said, we are the lucky ones because we were able to discover that the drug was our problem, and we were able to get off it.

I am so glad I met you! It was clearly meant to be! And I cannot wait to see what we do next! :)

thank you both
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

my neurological damages at 28 months off:

standing still difficult, nocturia, mouth dry at night, lungs with mild noises (kind of asthma?), muscles pain in ribcage, spinal, neck, low back pain, bowels problems, shortness of breath better, can walk more far, the pain increase and go away and comes again, but i still have pain in arms and chest wich lessen after walking half an hour(kind of pseudo agoraphobia), less derealization, less emotional, many seems as pseudo fibromyalgia, i still have difficult to walk far, and walk abnormal feelings
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Hey, Stan! It's been one hell of a ride, hasn't it? Thank you so much for sharing your story. I so feel what you're saying there. Your testimony will help so many. What is worst is not the hell itself, but being in it PLUS not knowing what's caused it. The very moment you realize the reason behind it all, you're a big step closer to getting your life back. One day you'll post in this very thread "I'm healed".
    Last edited by Luc; 08-14-2011 at 12:23 PM.

29 months off

walking outdoor: shortness of breath, chest pain, so cannot walk far without regularly rest a few minutes,
    derealization very often, less or more intense, bad motorcoordination

standing is a kind of pseudo parkinson

at home, i have improved, , mild ribcage, mild spinal pains, globally pains in muscles bowels,respiratory,stomac
    and mild dizzy

at night:dry mouth, nocturia, dry eyes, lungs dry or noises,

actually since a few days i have severe new back low pain

i have improved but not enough

my low back pain is worse

i have very difficulties to move at home, to stand out of bed with my nocturia, it hurts the joints of the pelvis, a kind of ankylosing spondylitis;
    since i am meds free, i have so many diseases, before i never had nothing, for me it is caused by withdrawal and/or worsened by withdrawal.

So good to see there are improvements, Stan, even if we wanted them to happen faster, much faster. Let's be patient. Those new symptoms (back pain, etc.) you're mentioning are nothing unusual. Some report experiencing them even later in WD. But it's all temporary.
    Last edited by Luc; 09-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I'm sorry your back hurts, Stan! :(
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit