Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    OK, so the hypothesis works for you. When you’re maxed out, you’re vulnerable to insomnia, as opposed to some other sort of reaction (say, tons of viruses like some people get). And that’s where WD is landing for you.
    It certainly seems that way. Fascinating. I've certainly experienced some spiritual growth in recent days. Things like - my son has come here (to earth) solely to help me to do my work; and that I have to write about w/d and help people to see that it's ripping families apart . I have no idea how I'm going to do the latter but I do know that if it is meant to be - it will happen. So I'm happy to trust in the Divine Universe and allow it to unfold as it is meant to.

Ok..that was deep....
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Wow, *very* cool, Junior. Thanks for telling us. Yeah, it will unfold; you'll get help. This is a book that needs to get written. People have no idea how much being on ADs and benzos or in w/d from them is affecting all their relationships. It's a pan-pan-pandemic.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I couldn't agree more Sheila. Even for me, just the last few days has been a kind of spiritual awakening. Here in OZ people are getting ruder and more self-absorbed. I had been putting it down to cultural change and poor parenting practices. No doubt that is part of it but I'm now thinking that much of is these damn drugs. Every 2nd person seems to be on something and it's just wrong. Some of us DO benefit from them - I have been one - but we should NOT be kept on them for years and years. Unless - one has severe schizophrenia or bipolar. My sister - who has bipolar - cannot NOT take her lithium. If she does - and we've seen this in the last few years - she just winds up in hospital. So there is a place for psych drugs. Allen Frances said this - he said 20% of the population DOES benefit - the people I've just described. But the other 80% just don't need them. Again, I could NOT agree more.

I must see if his lecture has been posted here. If not, I'll post it now.

BTW - I know Luc is writing a book about his experiences. Maybe we will hit a zeitgest where a few of us write about it and people all over the world really begin to understand?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Stan – have you modified your diet to decrease your Omega-6 intake and increase your Omega-3 intake? If so, what changes did you make?
    i tried but recently eat several time chicken (omega 6) which has surely rised my uric acid, so i will decrease my meat eating in future, conclusion: i am a vulnerable not strong poor human,
    i will remake trying again
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

The most important thing is that you keep trying, Stan. Step by step.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Junior – I definitely think it’s scary how many people are on these meds, and a book about the insidious, unrecognized effects on relationships would be *very* good.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Stan -- Did you read that account by Susan Alport of her one-month experiment increasing her Omega-6? It made it clear that it makes a big difference if you can get free-range chicken and beef, and eggs and milk from free-range chicken and cow. I was shocked at what a big difference that made.

Also, do you eat nuts? They are a healthy food theoretically, but not good if you are trying to lower your Omega-6. Peanuts are especially bad. Walnuts are OK.

-- Holger Kalweit